Hade Edge is a village located 8 miles away from Huddersfield town centre by road, and 2 miles south of Holmfirth. It shares a moorland ridge with the Boshaw Whams Reservoir, situated between the valleys of the River Ribble and Dean Dike.
Originally, Hade Edge was a hamlet surrounding a Methodist chapel and Sunday School, serving as a central location on Daisy Lee Moor for isolated farms and local quarry workers. In 1882, a school was established, and Hade Edge had a Co-op, post office, and multiple pubs, all of which have been closed for a long time, except for one pub.
In the 1980s and 1990s, the village experienced significant growth and became a larger village community due to an increase in housing.
The primary industry in the area is the Longley Farm dairy of J and E Dickinson, situated just below Hade Edge village, known for its variety of yogurts, cream, soft cheese, and butter.
Hade Edge Band, which dates back to 1908, rehearses at its purpose-built band room on Greave Road, which was opened in 2007.